The West Island Women’s Centre, an agency supported by Centraide, is offering several free support groups this winter:
Parenting a Difficult Child (5 – 13 years)
- In a supportive environment, share your thoughts and ideas and learn some helpful tips and strategies for parenting a challenging child.
- Monday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. for 8 weeks beginning January 20, 2014.
- Facilitated by Georgia Smith, a mother of three and counsellor with over 19 years of experience helping individuals, couples, and families.
- A monthly support group for women coping with a miscarriage, still birth, or infant death.
- The second Wednesday of the month from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Facilitated by Monique Caissie, family life educator and life coach.
- A monthly support group for new mothers to help them share, connect, and receive support for the roller coaster ride of emotions that is new motherhood.
- The first Tuesday of the month from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Free childcare is provided.
- Facilitated by Corrie Sirota-Frankel, a counsellor and social worker.
The groups are free of charge, but registration is required. To join any of these groups, please call the Women’s Centre’s Outreach Line at 514-781-8529 or e-mail email@example.com. Space is limited. Meetings take place at the West Island Women’s Centre, located at St. Columba-by-the-Lake Church, 11 Rodney Ave., Pointe-Claire. (Please use the Vincennes Ave. parking lot entrance.)