An accidental fire occurred Saturday morning in a duplex on Spring Garden Street in Dollard des Ormeaux. The incident occurred around 4:15 a.m. One person was slightly injured as a result of the incident.
According to chief of operations of the Montreal fire department Robert Dubé, the fire occurred due to a heating problem. The fire originated in the basement and spread to the first and second floor of the building located near Hyman Street.
All in all, 50 firefighters were dispatched to the scene and six people were evacuated.