The West Island Women’s Centre, a Centraide-supported agency, is holding registration for new members for its upcoming spring session. Registration sessions will take place on Thursday, March 20, 2014 from 1-3 p.m. and 6:45-7:45 p.m. After that date, registration continues Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m. Classes begin the week of April 14, 2014. The West Island Women's Centre is located at 11 Rodney Avenue, Pointe-Claire in the annex of St. Columba-by-the-Lake Church. (Please enter by the Parking Lot Entrance on Vincennes Avenue.) The Centre offers educational, health-related and leisure courses for women and courses for preschool children.
Some of the featured courses this session include:
- QUILTING on Monday afternoons
- KNOW YOUR CAR on Monday evenings
- UNDERSTANDING AND MANAGING YOUR MONEY on Tuesday mornings
- RAW FOOD POWER FOR HEALING/DETOXING on Wednesday afternoons
- HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS on Thursday afternoons
- ORGANIZING on Friday mornings
- SELF-DEFENCE on Friday afternoons
- MIXED MEDIA COLLAGE on Friday afternoons
- FRENCH (For Newcomers; Beginners, Intermediate)
- FITNESS COURSES Monday to Thursday mornings; several afternoons and evenings
- EXPLORING THE SENSES – FOR MOMMY AND ME (4-12 mos.) on Monday mornings
- CIRCLE TIME WITH MOM (12-24 mos.) on Monday mornings
- GYM CLASSES on Tuesday mornings
- MUSIC CLASSES on Wednesday mornings
- STORIES AND ART (2-5 yrs) on Thursday mornings
- YOGA MOVEMENT (3-5 yrs) on Friday mornings
For the complete course list, please consult the Women's Centre's website: www.wiwc.ca. Please call the Centre (514-695-8529) on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 to confirm course availability.
Please note that free childcare is available for most daytime classes. For more information or any other query about the Centre, please contact us at 514-695-8529, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.